↑ Two Great In-Office Options ↑
We recommend Opalescence Boost Whitening as the latest whitening tech.
Promotion valid until the end of February 2024
Zoom Whitening in Los Gatos CA, Bay Area - Get 50% Off!
Save 50% on Teeth Whitening. Transform Your Smile with Zoom Whitening in our Los Gatos CA office which is located near Campbell, San Jose, Saratoga, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Mountain View, and Nearby South Bay Area Communities.
At Dr. Mahsa Esfandiari Dental Group, we want to help you achieve a new smile you’ll be proud of. We offer various cosmetic treatments focused solely on the appearance of your teeth and mouth, including teeth whitening solutions.
Teeth whitening procedures are suggested to patients who have dull or discolored teeth. After getting their teeth whitened, patients express a higher level of confidence and feel more comfortable letting out an open-hearted smile. At our dental practice, we use a highly advanced teeth whitening solutions, including Opalescence Boost Teeth Whitening and Zoom Whitening.
Promotion valid until end of February 2024
Recent cleaning is recommended for best results
Looking for the Best Zoom Whitening in Los Gatos CA? Check our Online Reviews:
Looking for a Zoom Whitening Dentist? We are proud to be one of the most reviewed and highly rated dental offices in Los Gatos. Our office is a friendly and welcoming environment, and we do everything that we can to make you feel comfortable and relaxed.
What Are the Common Causes of Teeth Discoloration?
- Smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Improper or irregular brushing and flossing of the teeth.
- Consuming certain medications can have an adverse effect on the color of the teeth.
- Excessive consumption of colored foods and beverages.
- Natural result of aging.
What Is Zoom Whitening?
Zoom whitening is a newly developed and highly popular means of lightening or even removing the stains and discoloration from tooth enamel. This simple, non-invasive bleaching process uses a whitening gel that contains 25% Hydrogen Peroxide. Dr. Esfandiari combines this photosensitive whitening gel with a special lamp, referred to as a Zoom light, that accelerates the bleaching process.
Once the gel is activated with the help of the right intensity light, the hydrogen peroxide breaks down. This process allows oxygen to enter the enamel and dentin, bleaching the stained surfaces. This technique provides excellent results that often last for a long time, including brighter, whiter teeth and a return of your teeth’s natural luster.
The Zoom in-office tooth whitening procedure takes very little time to work and is an effective option for many of our Los Gatos patients struggling with teeth discoloration.
Philips Zoom Whitening Treatment Procedure
When you visit our Los Gatos practice to get your teeth whitened, Dr. Esfandiari will thoroughly diagnose your mouth to check for various conditions that could affect the treatment. Some of them are the presence of cavities, receding of gums, presence of ceramic tooth restorations on the teeth, etc. They determine your candidacy for Zoom whitening.
The process of whitening the teeth using Philips Zoom will take approximately one hour. In some instances, when there are tartar deposits on the teeth, Dr. Esfandiari will have to remove them before starting the treatment. Her Dental Assistant places a rubber dam in your mouth to cover the gums and lips, thereby exposing only the teeth. The gel will be applied on the teeth, spread evenly, and activated using the Zoom light.
The gel must remain on the teeth for 15 minutes. Once it is activated, oxygen molecules will be liberated, forming a foam. These molecules enter the porous structure of the teeth and bleach the stained structure. The gel will be rinsed off, and the procedure will be repeated to get superior whitening. After this, a Fluoride paste-gel will be applied on the teeth to reduce sensitivity.
What to Expect After Getting Zoom Teeth Whitening
Once your Zoom whitening treatment is complete, Dr. Esfandiari will provide you with instructions to ensure a long-lasting, bright, and healthy smile. You may also be given a Zoom touch-up kit for home use, including custom-fitted whitening trays. The bleaching gel provided with your kit could last from a few days to a week, and you should use all of it.
After the Zoom whitening procedure, our Los Gatos patients may experience the following:
- Temporary spotting: This issue is caused by dehydration and should dissipate within a few days.
- Sensitivity: Teeth sensitivity or mild discomfort is a normal side effect of the Zoom process and should subside within 24 hours.
The actual whitening process continues for another 48 hours after treatment. It’s essential to be extra vigilant in following Dr. Esfandiari’s instructions during that time frame to enhance and maximize your whitening results. That includes avoiding certain foods or beverages that could stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, red wine, berries, cola, and red sauces. If you use PerioRx or any Chlorhexidine, you will also want to wait 48 hours before continuing usage.
You should also avoid tobacco for at least 48 hours. However, because these products continue to stain your teeth even after a whitening treatment, you may want to quit using them to ensure your smile remains bright and white.
The results from Zoom dental whitening can last anywhere from one to four years. Taking extra care with your dental hygiene and using toothpaste containing whitening agents may help maintain your whiter smile.
How is Tooth Sensitivity Managed During Philips Zoom Whitening Treatment?
- Using desensitizing products: Some whitening products contain desensitizing agents that can help reduce tooth sensitivity.
- Lowering the concentration of the whitening agent: Dr. Esfandiari may recommend using a lower concentration of the whitening agent to reduce sensitivity.
- Shortening the duration of whitening sessions: Shortening the length of each whitening session can help reduce sensitivity.
- Using toothpaste for sensitive teeth: Before and after whitening treatment, using toothpaste specifically formulated for sensitive teeth can help to reduce tooth sensitivity.
- Having a break between sessions: Dr. Esfandiari may recommend taking a break between whitening sessions to give your teeth time to rest and recover.
- Applying fluoride gel: Fluoride gel can be applied to the teeth after whitening treatment to strengthen the enamel and reduce tooth sensitivity.
Zoom Whitening Pros and Cons
- Can provide fast and effective results, with some of our Los Gatos patients seeing a noticeable improvement in just one visit.
- Can be customized to meet the individual needs of each patient.
- Can be more expensive than over-the-counter whitening products
- Causes more tooth sensitivity compared to Opalescence Boost Whitening
- Results may not last as long as other professional whitening treatments
- Not suitable for everyone, people with tooth-decay, gum diseases, fillings, crowns, or any other dental work may not be good candidate for teeth whitening treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Zoom Bleaching
The duration of the results of Philips Zoom whitening can vary depending on a number of factors, including the individual’s oral hygiene, diet and lifestyle habits, as well as how well the patient follows the post-treatment instructions. On average, Philips Zoom whitening results can last from six months to two years.
It is important to note that the whitening effect will gradually fade over time as the teeth are exposed to staining agents such as coffee, tea, red wine, and tobacco. To maintain the whitening results, patients may need to schedule touch-up treatments or use take-home whitening kits recommended by Dr. Esfandiari.
It’s also important to maintain good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing and flossing regularly, and avoiding foods and drinks that can stain the teeth. Regular dental checkups and professional cleaning can also help to maintain the whiteness of your teeth.
Philips Zoom whitening is generally considered to be safe when used as directed by a dental professional. However, it is possible that the whitening process can cause temporary tooth sensitivity and in some cases can damage enamel if not used properly. The enamel is the hard, protective layer on the surface of your teeth, and it cannot be regenerated, once it’s gone.
It’s important to note that the whitening gels used during the Philips Zoom treatment contain hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, which can cause tooth sensitivity if used in high concentrations or for prolonged periods of time. Dr. Esfandiari will determine the appropriate concentration of the gel and duration of treatment to minimize the risk of enamel damage and sensitivity.
It is important to follow the post-treatment instructions provided by Dr. Esfandiari, such as avoiding certain foods and drinks for a certain period of time and using a sensitivity toothpaste to reduce the risk of damage to the enamel.
It’s always recommended to consult with a dental professional to determine if Philips Zoom is right for you and what course of treatment is best for you.
There are several other professional whitening options available that are considered to be effective alternatives to Philips Zoom. Some of these include:
- Ultradent Opalescence Boost: It’s considered to be one of the most effective whitening treatments available with minimal sensitivity. This treatment uses a high-concentration of hydrogen peroxide to whiten the teeth quickly and effectively.
KöR Whitening: It’s considered to be a good alternative treatment available and can achieve results up to 8 shades whiter in just two weeks.
GLO Science Professional Teeth Whitening: This system uses a combination of heat and light to activate the whitening gel and can achieve results in as little as five minutes.
BriteSmile: It’s a professional teeth whitening treatment that uses a special blue light to activate the whitening gel, and can achieve results in just one hour.
- DaVinci Teeth Whitening: it’s a professional teeth whitening treatment that uses a combination of heat and light activation to achieve results.
It’s important to note that each individual’s teeth and needs are different, so what may be the best option for one person may not be the best option for another. It’s always recommended to consult with a dental professional to determine the best course of treatment for you.
While it is considered a safe and effective treatment, some people may experience side effects. Some of the most common side effects of Zoom whitening include:
- Tooth sensitivity: Some people may experience temporary tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures after the treatment.
- Gum irritation: The whitening gel can cause some irritation to the gums, which may be accompanied by redness and soreness.
- Lip and tongue irritation: The whitening gel can cause some irritation to the lips and tongue, which may be accompanied by redness and soreness.
- Allergic reaction: Rarely, some people may experience an allergic reaction to the whitening gel.
- Hypersensitivity: some people may experience increased tooth sensitivity for a few days or weeks post-treatment.
It’s important to note that these side effects are generally temporary and should subside within a few days of the treatment. If the side effects are severe or prolonged, it’s important to consult with Dr. Esfandiari. It’s always recommended to consult with a dental professional to determine if Zoom whitening is the best option for you and what course of treatment is best for you
Get Zoom Dental Whitening in Los Gatos CA
If you are ready to have the brighter, whiter smile you’ve always wanted, it’s time to reach out to the team at Dr. Mahsa Esfandiari Dental Group. We offer numerous cosmetic dental treatments, including Zoom teeth whitening, and will be happy to answer any questions you have about the cost of teeth whitening or the actual procedure.
Please schedule an appointment online or call us at (408) 371-1070 to book an appointment with any of our Los Gatos Dental Group dentists, and we will be happy to help!