Zoom Whitening in Campbell CA
Transform Your Smile with our Advanced, Affordable Zoom Whitening in Campbell CA. Take Advantage of 50% Promo by Dr. Mahsa Esfandiari.
If you have dull or stained teeth, teeth whitening may be recommended for you. Our patients often experience increased confidence and an ease to smile openly after undergoing a teeth whitening procedure. Our dental practice utilizes state-of-the-art teeth whitening solutions, including Opalescence Boost Teeth Whitening and Zoom Whitening.
Boost Promo valid until end of September 2023
Recent cleaning is recommended for best results
We can also help you book for a cleaning + x-ray + checkup session before you start your whitening session. Call to book your teeth whitening appointment now. Take advantage of our limited time promotion.
Looking for the Best Zoom Whitening in Campbell CA? Check our Online Reviews:
Looking for a Zoom Whitening Dentist? We are proud to be one of the most reviewed and highly rated dental offices near Campbell. Our office is a friendly and welcoming environment, and we do everything that we can to make you feel comfortable and relaxed.
What Are the Common Causes of Teeth Discoloration?
The discoloration of teeth is a widespread dental concern. This occurs when the shade of your teeth changes or appears dull, yellow, or stained. There can be several causes for this, including:
- Tobacco use through smoking or chewing.
- Poor oral hygiene such as neglecting brushing and flossing.
- Medications with teeth staining side effects.
- Excessive intake of colored foods and drinks.
- Natural aging process.
What Is Zoom Whitening?
At Dr. Esfandiari’s practice, we offer the innovative and highly sought-after Zoom whitening treatment. This method uses a 25% Hydrogen Peroxide whitening gel and a special Zoom light to accelerate the bleaching process and brighten your teeth.
The Zoom light activates the gel, causing the hydrogen peroxide to break down and release oxygen which bleaches the stained surfaces of the enamel and dentin. This results in a brighter, whiter smile that can last for a considerable amount of time.
The in-office Zoom procedure is quick and offers effective results for those who suffer from tooth discoloration. This simple and non-invasive treatment is available for patients at Dr. Esfandiari’s Campbell office.
Philips Zoom Whitening Treatment Procedure
At Dr. Esfandiari’s dental practice in Campbell, your mouth will undergo a comprehensive evaluation prior to undergoing Zoom teeth whitening. This evaluation will assess for potential conditions, such as cavities, gum recession, or the presence of ceramic restorations, that could impact the treatment. Based on the evaluation, Dr. Esfandiari will determine your suitability for the procedure.
The Philips Zoom teeth whitening process typically takes around an hour to complete in our Campbell office. If there is tartar buildup, it will be removed before starting the treatment. During the procedure, a rubber dam will be placed in your mouth to protect your gums and lips, leaving only your teeth exposed. The whitening gel will then be applied and activated using the Zoom light.
The gel must remain on your teeth for 15 minutes, during which time the hydrogen peroxide will break down, releasing oxygen molecules that bleach the stained surfaces. The gel will then be rinsed off and reapplied for further whitening. After the procedure, a fluoride paste-gel will be applied to reduce sensitivity.
What to Expect After Getting Zoom Teeth Whitening
Following your Zoom whitening treatment, Dr. Esfandiari will provide you with aftercare instructions to maintain your bright and healthy smile. This may include a Zoom touch-up kit with custom-fitted whitening trays and a bleaching gel that can last several days to a week. It’s important to use all the gel provided.
Some temporary side effects of the Zoom whitening process that our Campbell patients may experience include temporary spotting due to dehydration and sensitivity or mild discomfort, which should subside within a few days and 24 hours, respectively.
After undergoing the Zoom whitening treatment at Dr. Esfandiari’s practice in Campbell, it’s crucial to follow her instructions to maximize your results. During the first 48 hours, avoid consuming stain-causing foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, red wine, berries, cola, and red sauces. It’s also recommended to avoid tobacco use during this time. To preserve your bright, white smile, it’s best to quit using these products that cause discoloration.
For the same 48 hours, avoid using PerioRx or any Chlorhexidine. The whitening process continues for an additional 48 hours after treatment, making it essential to be mindful of these guidelines.
To maintain your results, proper dental hygiene is key. Use a whitening toothpaste and continue to take care of your teeth to ensure a long-lasting, radiant smile. On average, the effects of Zoom dental whitening can last between one to four years.
How is Tooth Sensitivity Managed During Philips Zoom Whitening Treatment?
There are several ways to reduce tooth sensitivity during or after a teeth whitening treatment:
- Utilizing desensitizing products: Some whitening products contain ingredients that help lower tooth sensitivity.
- Decreasing the strength of the whitening agent: Dr. Esfandiari may suggest using a weaker concentration of the whitening agent to minimize sensitivity.
- Shortening the length of whitening sessions: By reducing the time of each whitening session, you can lower the risk of tooth sensitivity.
- Employing toothpaste for sensitive teeth: Utilizing toothpaste made for sensitive teeth both before and after whitening treatment can help reduce sensitivity.
- Taking breaks between sessions: Dr. Esfandiari may advise you to take a break between whitening sessions to give your teeth time to recover.
- Using fluoride gel: Applying fluoride gel to the teeth after whitening treatment can strengthen the enamel and decrease tooth sensitivity.
Zoom Whitening Pros and Cons
- Offers fast and noticeable improvement in a single visit for some patients at our Campbell practice
- Tailored to meet the specific needs of each patient
- More costly than over-the-counter whitening options
- Can result in increased tooth sensitivity compared to Opalescence Boost Whitening
- The results may not be as long-lasting as other professional whitening treatments
- Not a suitable option for everyone; individuals with tooth decay, gum diseases, fillings, crowns, or other dental work may not be eligible for the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Zoom Bleaching
The lifespan of your Philips Zoom whitening results may vary based on several factors, including personal oral hygiene practices, diet, lifestyle, and adherence to post-treatment instructions. On average, the results can last from half a year to two years.
Over time, the whitening effect will slowly fade as the teeth come into contact with staining substances like coffee, tea, red wine, and tobacco. To preserve the whitening, you may need to schedule touch-up treatments or use at-home whitening kits recommended by Dr. Esfandiari.
Good oral hygiene practices like regular brushing and flossing, as well as avoiding stain-causing foods and drinks, are also important to maintain the brightness of your teeth. Regular dental checkups and professional cleanings can also help keep your teeth white.
Philips Zoom whitening is considered a safe procedure when carried out by a dentist. However, there may be a risk of temporary tooth sensitivity and enamel damage if not done correctly. The whitening gel used in the procedure contains hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, which could result in sensitivity or harm the enamel if used in high doses or for extended periods.
Dr. Esfandiari will determine the correct concentration of the gel and treatment time to minimize these risks. Following post-treatment instructions, such as avoiding certain foods and drinks and using sensitivity toothpaste, can also reduce the chance of enamel damage.
It is recommended to consult with a dentist before undergoing Philips Zoom to ensure it is the right choice for you and to determine the best treatment plan.
Other professional teeth whitening options exist besides Philips Zoom. Some popular options include:
- Ultradent Opalescence Boost: Considered a highly effective treatment with minimal sensitivity, using a high concentration of hydrogen peroxide for quick and efficient results.
- KöR Whitening: This alternative treatment is effective, achieving up to 8 shades whiter in just two weeks.
- GLO Science Professional Teeth Whitening: This system uses heat and light activation to achieve results in as little as 5 minutes.
- BriteSmile: A professional teeth whitening treatment that uses a blue light to activate the whitening gel and achieve results in 1 hour.
- DaVinci Teeth Whitening: A professional whitening treatment that uses heat and light activation to produce results.
It’s crucial to remember that everyone’s teeth and needs are unique, so what may work for one person may not be the best for another. It’s best to consult with a dental professional to determine the ideal course of treatment.
While Zoom whitening is generally considered safe, some patients may experience side effects. Common side effects include:
- Tooth sensitivity: Some people may experience temporary sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures after the treatment.
- Gum irritation: The whitening gel may cause redness, soreness, and irritation to the gums.
- Lip and tongue irritation: The whitening gel may cause redness, soreness, and irritation to the lips and tongue.
- Allergic reaction: Rarely, some people may have an allergic reaction to the whitening gel.
- Hypersensitivity: Some people may experience increased tooth sensitivity for a few days or weeks after the treatment.
It’s important to note that these side effects are typically temporary and should fade within a few days of the treatment. If the side effects persist or are severe, it’s important to consult Dr. Esfandiari. It’s always recommended to consult a dental professional to determine if Zoom whitening is right for you and to determine the best course of treatment for you.
Get Zoom Dental Whitening in Campbell CA
If you are ready to have the brighter, whiter smile you’ve always wanted, it’s time to reach out to the team at Dr. Mahsa Esfandiari Dental Group. We offer numerous cosmetic dental treatments, including Zoom teeth whitening, and will be happy to answer any questions you have about the cost of teeth whitening or the actual procedure.
Please schedule an appointment online or call us at (408) 371-1070 to book an appointment with any of our Los Gatos Dental Group dentists, and we will be happy to help!